What life is all about

What life is all about

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pulling teeth

So Clay was scheduled to get his bottom 'eye teeth' pulled out because he doesn't have enough room for his new teeth to come in. He was feeling a little bit nervous. I assured him that this was going to be completely pain free and would be done very fast. I thought that, these being baby teeth it should be no problem at all. We would be in and out in no time....WRONG!!
So....2 hours later...lots of tears and lots of shots, Clay's teeth are finally out! The poor little boy went through hell to get these two "little" (not) teeth out. The dentist said that his teeth were so crowded that there was hardly any tissue to numb in between his teeth. Plus his eye teeth were so deep that those nerves were hard to numb as well. They gave him shot after shot, at first he did amazing but after being poked so many times he got tired of being strong. Then after a bunch of shots they would pry and pull on his tooth. Then he would scream cause he could feel it, so more shots, then more prying and pulling and more screaming. We did this over and over for an hour each tooth. So much for quick and easy....I feel like a great mom!!

Do you see these suckers???? Do you see them??? When I saw these come out of his mouth I about died. I could not believe how big they were. No! He does not have freakish size teeth. This is the normal size of baby eye teeth. But when they are naturally pushed out by adult teeth, they break down while being pushed out. Who knew!!!! The tooth fairy brought him some exta $$$$ for these ones!!!


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! THEY ARE HUGE!! Poor little guy! My jaw dropped when I saw that bottom picture! Give him a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete